In business today, most companies aim to have business letterhead, which refers to in basic terms, a sheet of paper with a header that includes the company name, logo and address details.
We are sure that when you are planning to design your letterhead, you have a good idea what you want it to look like. However, there are also legal letterhead requirements that must be adhered to, for example, certain information that needs to be included in the design.
The information to include depends on how your business is set up (e.g. sole trader, limited company, partnership) so here are details of what MUST be included:
- Your own name
- Your business name
- Your business address
- VAT number (if registered)
- All of the above requirements
- All partners must be named on the letterhead
- Your full legal company name usually ending with ‘ltd’ or ‘limited’
- Your company registration number
- Your place of registration
- Your company’s registered office
- Your VAT number (if registered)
- Details regarding any registered profession you’re a member of (e.g. Institute of Directors)
Don’t forget that your letterheads will be used to write to clients and suppliers so there is additional information we would advise including:
- Contact telephone number
- Email address
- Company logo
- Website address
- Social media profiles
Once you have a list of what needs to go on your letterhead and a design, speak to your printing company about the quality of paper you want to print on. The quality and stock of the paper used to print your letterheads can leave a lasting impression of your business so don’t sacrifice quality over price. Take a look at our paper weight guide to help you understand what weight paper some of the most common printed products are produced on. Letterheads can also be printed on luxury papers, we have a great range.
For more information about your printing requirements, contact us today or request a quote.